Terms and Conditions
Membership and General Terms/Conditions
- The GameStop PowerUp Rewards® Program ("PowerUp Rewards" or "Program") is sponsored by GameStop®. Members of the Program ("Members") agree to the terms and conditions ("T&C") published and subject to periodic update at www.PowerUpRewards.com. Those T&C replace all previously-published information and Members have the responsibility to check for any updates. If the T&C are updated, any changes will apply to all Members, including Members enrolled before GameStop posts the updated text except as may be prohibited by law.
- GameStop may change the Program T&C, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the points already accumulated. By enrolling in the Program ("Membership"), Members agree to receive advertising, marketing materials, and other communications, unless expressly disallowed as a profile preference. Members are responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information regarding their account ("Account"). Members can obtain information about the Program, their Account activity, and change their profile preferences and contact information at any time by visiting www.PowerUpRewards.com. Account and Program information may also be obtained by contacting GameStop Customer Service ("Customer Service") by mail at: 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX 76051 or by email at PowerUp@GameStop.com. By phone, call toll-free: 1-877-676-GAME (4263).
- Membership is valid only at participating GameStop U.S., Puerto Rico and Guam retail store locations. Membership is open to residents of the United States who are 13 years of age or older. If a Member is between 13 and the age of majority in his/her state, the Member agrees that he/she has obtained permission from a parent or legal guardian. GameStop does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are a parent, guardian or other person and become aware of information collected from an individual under 13, please contact us immediately at the toll-free number provided above.
- Membership cards, points, and reward coupons are nontransferable, have no cash value, may not be purchased, and are not redeemable for cash under any circumstances except as required by law. Accumulated points and coupons do not constitute property of the Member. Accumulated points and coupons are not transferable by the Member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise. Points and other benefits of the Program may be taxable where required by law.
- Entities or persons using the Program for profit are not eligible to become Members or to accumulate points.
- Abuse of the Program, including failure to follow the T&C may result in cancellation of the Member's Account and future disqualification from participation and forfeiture of all points accrued. In connection with the enforcement of any of the T&C governing the Program, GameStop reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and to recover damages, attorneys' fees and court costs.
- A Member may cancel his or her Membership by notifying Customer Service by mail, email or telephone. GameStop, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel an individual Membership. Cancellation of Membership results in loss of all accumulated points. Members who cancel voluntarily may not re-activate the Account but are eligible to open a new Account without the benefit of the previously accumulated points.
- If there is no account activity or points posted to a Member's Account for twelve consecutive months (1 year), the Account is subject to closure at GameStop's discretion, including loss of accumulated points.
- Members may be provided with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of GameStop websites including, www.GameStop.com and www.PowerUpRewards.com ("access codes"). Transactions completed on www.GameStop.com are subject to the Conditions of Use found at www.gamestop.com/gs/help/disclaimer.aspx. Each Member has the responsibility for the use of his or her own access codes.
- From time to time, Members may be eligible for sweepstakes, contests or other similar promotions. Participation in such events shall be subject to the terms, conditions, and rules published at the time of such event and applicable state laws.
Accumulation of Points
- Points cannot be accumulated on purchases made before a Member initiates an Account and Members cannot view the accumulation of their points or redeem their points for rewards until the Account is fully activated by completing online activation at www.PowerUpRewards.com.
- Members accumulate points for every $1 spent on any eligible product purchase when a Member's account number is provided at time of purchase of eligible products in store or online. Purchases accumulate points at the following rates, subject to change without notice:
- New video games or software, new video game consoles and redemption of GameStop gift cards accumulate 10 points for every dollar spent.
- All other products accumulate 20 points for every dollar spent.
- Select other products may, at any or all times, accumulate lower or zero point values at GameStop's sole discretion.
- The dollar amount of any eligible product purchased will be rounded up to the nearest whole dollar before accumulated points are calculated.
- Points will post to a Member's Account within approximately 24-48 hours from the time of in-store purchase. No adjustments to a Member's Account will be made after 30 days from the actual purchase date, except at GameStop's sole discretion.
- Point calculations are based upon dollars spent at checkout on eligible purchases less taxes, fees, delivery charges, rebates, or other excluded charges.
- Members do not accumulate points for the amount of any coupons redeemed or discounts applied or other ineligible tender type. When Members return products to the store, points previously posted to a Member's Account for that purchase will be deducted from the Member's Account. Other exclusions and limitations may apply.
- Except as may be required by law, in the event that a Member returns merchandise that was partially or wholly paid for with a coupon(s), the coupon(s) and points used in connection with the purchase will not be reissued.
- PowerUp Rewards points are valid for one year from date of posting to the Member's Account provided the Member remains active in the Program. "Active" is defined as making at least one purchase or trade in every 12-month period. If at least one qualifying purchase is made every 12 months, the expiration date of the accumulated points is extended for 12 months from the date of the qualifying purchase. If a qualifying purchase is not made within 12 months, all accumulated points shall be forfeited.
Account Activity Statement
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their points are properly credited. If proper credit does not appear on the Member's activity statement, the Member should contact Customer Service within 30 days of the purchase.
PowerUp Rewards Pro® Membership
- At time of enrollment, or at any time after initial enrollment, a Member may purchase a PowerUp Rewards Pro Membership ("Pro Member" or "Pro Membership") in store. Purchase price and terms may vary and are subject to such other and further T&C as may be communicated at the time of purchase. Subject to change without notice, a Pro Member is entitled to the following benefits commencing immediately following the purchase of the Pro Membership:
- 10% bonus trade-in credit for 1 year;
- 10% off previously-owned games and accessories for 1 year;
- 10% point bonus on all purchases;
- A 12-month subscription to Game Informer magazine; and
- Periodic and/or temporary programs that may increase the amount of points earned by a Pro Member.
- A Pro Member may cancel their Membership and receive a full refund within 7 days of purchase of the Membership, subject to certain conditions. Upon returning the Pro Membership materials, the Pro Membership will be downgraded to the basic PowerUp Rewards. A Member may cancel his or her Pro Membership at any time by notifying Customer Service by mail, email or telephone. GameStop, in its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel an individual Pro Membership by refunding the purchase price. Cancellation will result in the loss of any bonus points accumulated during the Pro Membership.
- In the event a Pro Member does not pay to renew their Membership after the 1-year period, the Member's Account will be downgraded to the basic PowerUp Rewards Membership. Downgrade for failure to renew will not result in the loss of accumulated points or applicable expiration dates.
PowerUp Rewards Coupons
- For the current Reward Catalog, Members should log on to the Member website at www.PowerUpRewards.com.
- Most coupons are valid for 60 days from the date of issue, are good for one-time use, and must be surrendered at time of redemption.
- GameStop is not responsible for communications, including electronic coupons ("eCoupon"), lost due to change of contact information.
- Members redeeming points for eCoupons will receive an email confirmation along with an eCoupon. Members must print the eCoupon and bring it with them upon their next visit to GameStop. Members must present the printed coupon along with their member ID and another form of identification when redeeming the coupon in-store.
- Members redeeming points for electronic partner coupons will receive an email confirmation along with a certificate and instructions for redemption. Partner coupons are provided by and are the responsibility of the partner. GameStop assumes no responsibility for their continued validity or the continued operation of the partner.
- Coupons may be used in conjunction with other coupons and most other discounts or offers toward the purchase of products, not to exceed the purchase amount and up to three (3) of any coupon, discount, or other offer per person, per account, per day.
- Coupons are not valid on prior purchases, certain products and services, purchase of gift cards, downloadable content ("DLC"), or for tax or state fees. Other restrictions may apply.
Governing Law & Disclaimers
- These T&C shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the state in which the Member resides.
- Use of the programs described in these T&C and any of their associated benefits is at a Member's sole risk. They are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. GameStop and all of its affiliates, directors, officers and agents (collectively "GameStop") expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. GameStop shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if GameStop has been advised of the possibility of such damages). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental, consequential or other damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to certain Members.
- © 2014 GameStop, Inc.